I’ve been a busy bee over the last few days and seem to have finished a few pieces of handmade clothing, gone through my mending pile and done some crochet! It’s funny, at times it seems like nothing is getting done and then all of a sudden you have loads of finished pieces. I’ve also been finishing off pieces for Sherwood Art Week, more on that next week!
I finished this crochet cowl last week. It’s made from King Cole Panache, an acrylic wool blend single ply yarn. It’s DK weight but has some variations throughout which gives a lovely texture. The pattern is the Triangle Infinity Scarf, which I found via Rosina’s blog, Zeens and Roger . I did 26 starter triangles and 18 rows of triangles. I didn’t expect to wear it for months but it was freezing last week and so it got worn straight away! I expect it will get worn loads in autumn and winter. It’s a very satisfying pattern to work with.
I made this skirt- I’m saying its a statement skirt although I’m not sure what statement I’ll be making! I really like it, and the fabric only cost £3… I know, sooo cheap! It’s from the local market and is a silky polyester type, that was surprisingly well behaved. The pattern is adapted from a Butterick pattern (B6051). It’s the skirt part of a maxi dress, which is designed for stretch fabrics. I cut the largest size out, and fitted it to a curved waistband. I like the shape of the skirt. The pockets are not great, they are a bit droopy and I’ve attached them a little low down but I like the bit of interest that they give. To stop the crazy static cling I’ve got a very posh petticoat on underneath! My grandma gave it to me ages ago; I’ve recently shortened it so I can wear it under more skirts. I think it’s from the early 80s.
In my crochet basket is a corner to corner cushion cover. I’ve been admiring all the lovely C2C crochet creations on Instagram recently and thought it was time I jumped on the bandwagon! I’ve used Stylecraft Special DK and some metallic yarn from B&M Bargains. The colours are the same as my other crochet cushion projects (as part of my living room cushion makeover). I’ve really enjoyed the C2C method, even though I’ve got myself into a right tangle, it seems very quick and the colour changes are quite easy too. I’m nearly finished with the second side now, I’d like it finished by next week! Better get a move on…